This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Rewriting the Past!

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Maria Rios
This user is offline Deleted
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 20:32
I've seen this a few times, especially after a relationship has ended and especially with females…sorry girls, but its true.

That person they once claimed to be 'the one' suddenly becomes the embodiment of everything they loath. They use to praise them, say how wonderful they were, how incredible the sex was, how interesting and thoughtful they were. This lover was DEFINITELY the one…so how did they become such a **** within a few short months/years?

Rose tinted glasses slipping? Sour grapes? Unrealistic expectations? Were they bullshitting with their praise, to make out the guy was better than he actually was? Or do you people just re-write the past and demonise their partners once it's over?

Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 2 Sep 12 12:44
I'm surprised no one has answered this thread.

In my humble opinion, when feelings are raw, we have a tendency to lash out and express the pain we're in by criticising the object of our torment. Focusing and magnifying all that niggled us during the relationship.

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 2 Sep 12 12:50
I forgot what it's like breaking up with somebody.

As I recall, I used to down the pub when that happened.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 2 Sep 12 12:52
The very thought of a pub makes my world spin!

Ellie James
This user is offline Moderator
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 2 Sep 12 13:31
Maria...

When I met my ex, I thought he was very sweet and a great dad to his teenage girls. One time he was feeling down and I was trying to cheer him up so I told him all his great qualities. I could only think of 4 things and when you love someone it should be more and should come easier to think of them. That should have been an eye opener but it wasn't. But I do think that in the beginning you just look at things with rose colored glasses.

With my best friend I could list his faults but then I could list tens of great things about him for just one fault. I could never do that with my ex. And it's probably why when we ended things I thought he was an ass.

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.
Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 2 Sep 12 13:39
Good point, Ellie.

Maybe that should be the test; list the good and the bad and see how they average out.

Sometimes, you just know they're bad for you, you can't quite put your finger on it as to what it is you love, you just do

I'm going to attempt to eat something now.

I'll be back later

x

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 2 Sep 12 14:12
Good day ladies

May I be so forward as to propose a spot of therapy here?

Why not Spoof all the bad stuff about your respective exes and give vent to your emotions in an angry tirade in this organ's Magazine section?

Not only will such an exercise prove to be therapeutic, it also has the potential to be absolutely hilarious. Hell hath no fury and all that.

Just musin'

Skoob.

RIP
Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 2 Sep 12 14:25
Are you trying to say I need therapy, Mr?

I've found it incredibly hard to write a Spoof. I might put one in today, but its rubbish. My first attempt, but it's not great.

Quote: Skoob1999

Good day ladies

May I be so forward as to propose a spot of therapy here?

Why not Spoof all the bad stuff about your respective exes and give vent to your emotions in an angry tirade in this organ's Magazine section?

Not only will such an exercise prove to be therapeutic, it also has the potential to be absolutely hilarious. Hell hath no fury and all that.

Just musin'

Skoob.

Ellie James
This user is offline Moderator
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 2 Sep 12 15:13
I got over my ex by writing an erotic story with the man being a hundred times better in bed than he was.

But, in the end, he was not the guy for me. And when we broke up, in a few weeks time I was a happier, more complete person. I was no longer feeling guilty about pretending to love someone I didn't love. While it stung at the time, and his final words cut deeply, I'm better off. And so is he. And I do hope he's found happiness with someone.

He and I would have been better off being friends. There are still things, 4 years later, I wish I could have his help with. Conversations I miss having with him. If we had been friends then we could at least still have that. But he and I never really were friends. We were just two people who found each other attractive, had a few things in common, and before I knew it I was in a serious relationship with someone who was fundamentally different than I am.

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum