This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Is the Art of Romance Dead?

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - « 1 [2]
AuthorMessage
Maria Rios
This user is offline Deleted
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 22:49
If you want a different response, start writing about another female. She'll soon start taking note and your balls!

Quote: Skoob1999

I read all my Spoofs out loud to my wife. She can't be arsed to look at them.

She usually just shakes her head and rolls her eyeballs.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Skoob.

Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 22:53 - Edited By: Maria Rios, 1 Sep 12 23:09
I wasn't sure if you were bragging here, Arm?

Quote: armfeetandtoe

Love is: Asking your partner, at 11pm to hold down one of your six foot snakes while you remove a bone from its mouth.

And she was wearing her pyjamas!

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 1 Sep 12 22:54
Don't...

Squirming Skoob

RIP
Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 22:55
Let me apologise if I didn't reply to everyone. It went a bit mental for a minute.

I'm going to go over each thread and try to give my opinion.

x

Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 23:08
Hahaha!!

I'll edit.

x

Don't...

Squirming Skoob

Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 23:10
Better?

Don't...

Squirming Skoob

Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 1 Sep 12 23:28
Ok, semi-serious head on again!

Going back to my earlier point if an art is to be learnt, then it needs to be taught. If we are to assume that the "art" is dying then are we to also to assume that the teachers, who were eager to impart their knowledge, are not in such abundance anymore. Are the masters of the "art" dying out? Could it be that as society and cultural demands have evolved we now have a new endangered species? Ladies and gentleman I present to you the "Beast of Romance", soon to be extinct!

Anyone up for going on?

Maria Rios
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 2 Sep 12 12:14
Going back to an earlier point about gifts being associated with romance. A capitalist ploy to part us from our cash in a bid sell us romance. Romantic weekends, expensive pieces of jewellery and so forth, is it truly romantic?

In a day and age where such gifts are common place, can they truly be said to contain any more romantic notion within them than the plastic wrapper or glossy brochure they are delivered in? Maybe, once, such overtures could be considered to be a heart warming gift. When the notion of obtaining such was, in itself, a task to be reckoned with. But these days? Maybe when the notion of courting or wooing a lady or even a man (gasp - the scandal that would cause) such things as sonnets and fancies were appropriate and heartfelt. But now, one can wander into any Hallmark cards shop and pick up a standard piece of tat knocked out by some oike in an office on his personal computer with a software package. Can that be considered a show of romance, when the most difficult thing is deciding which crap verse you find more pleasing than the rest? Also, gone are the days of long term courting and relationship. The chase. The verbal fencing with your heart's desire, as you grow to know each other. These days the pursuit of the apple of your eye (or at least of that moment) seems to consist of no more than "grab your coat you've pulled". Maybe this is a result of the instantaneous gratification culture that appears to be ever increasing.....and thus is reflected in our need of high speed "microwave romance". 2 minutes and it's done. And of course, when most relationships are over as quickly as they began, who can afford to spend time being truly romantic?

2 Pages - « 1 [2]
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum