This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Worried, Concerned,

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
armfeetandtoe
This user is offline Writer
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 19 Aug 12 07:07
My wife, Irene, passed her driving test a couple of weeks ago. This morning she has decided to drive to London to visit her Mum. I am stuck at home baby sitting the Great Dane because he can not be left alone for long periods of time. I feel a little apprehensive and concerned, need I be?

The Journey takes 90 minutes, no motorway but some small country lanes. Then she gets to London and it is bedlam.

I just hope no one upsets her, I am 6' 6" and 22 stone. she is just under 5' and weighs nothing. I do not argue with her when she loses her rag. God help the idiot that does.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 19 Aug 12 07:39
Settle down Tiny fer Gawd's sake! If I spot your fragrant little lady weaving unsteadily through Piccadilly with her nose pressed against the windscreen I'll walk in front of her jamjar at a steady 5mph swinging a Tilly Lamp and with a sawn off shooter tucked into me waistband ok?..............as long as she promises not to jump out and give me a straightner

PS If we're meeting up for a few pints of wallop on Toosdee can you please wear a sprig of Morning Glory in your hair so that I'll be able to recognise you.

Blinding.

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM
Fergus McCarthy
This user is offline Devil's Avocado
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 19 Aug 12 08:58
6' 6" and 22 stone.

If I were you Clive I'd check back through my 1021 previous postings and check wether I've upset him in the past or took the piss out of his spelling.

Also remember that it takes a lot of beer to put 22 stone on the floor, get a table near the door, he'll lose the speed on corners, don't head down a tube station, It's not like the movies, there's not always a train ready to pull out.

Take a concealed weapon...... He might be a lovely fella but you never know.

BTW... I scrapped the van, kin head gasket!!!

You want me as a moderator!
You need me as a moderator!!!
Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 19 Aug 12 09:10
Sound advice there from Fergus.

Take a tube map and an A-Z too. It's a big place that London. Do you speak any foreign languages? Like Mexican for example? I find speaking foreign languages helps in that there London. Mind you, I've only ever been there once and everything was closed. That was in 1973. It might have changed a bit since then.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Maria Rios
This user is offline Deleted
Maria Rios

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 19 Aug 12 09:29
If I were you Arm, I'd be just as worried about your credit cards. Lots of shops in London and us ladies can do a lot of damage in a few short hours!

She'll be fine sweetheart. Anyone prepared to tackle London after just 2 weeks on the road, isn't to be messed with.

Fergus McCarthy
This user is offline Devil's Avocado
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 19 Aug 12 09:33
Fully comp insurance.

That's all I have to say.

You want me as a moderator!
You need me as a moderator!!!
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 19 Aug 12 09:49
Fortunatly I have just had a phone call to say she has arrived. My 19yr old daughter is now grey and my son jumped out near Dorking. My 10yr old has been arrested for swearing at a traffic cop, not a bad run then!

Insurance Ferg, she is fully comp, got every breakdown cover known to man and she made me ring a pal of mine in London to make sure he did not have a drink last night so he can pick her up in his truck if she breaks down!

Heathrow airport have re directed thier flights.......

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 19 Aug 12 09:51

Quote: Clive Danton

Settle down Tiny fer Gawd's sake! If I spot your fragrant little lady weaving unsteadily through Piccadilly with her nose pressed against the windscreen I'll walk in front of her jamjar at a steady 5mph swinging a Tilly Lamp and with a sawn off shooter tucked into me waistband ok?..............as long as she promises not to jump out and give me a straightner

PS If we're meeting up for a few pints of wallop on Toosdee can you please wear a sprig of Morning Glory in your hair so that I'll be able to recognise you.

Blinding.

Gawd bless yu guvnor, I certainly will. Let you know tomorrow afternoon me old china plate.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxx

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum