This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / ".....and I said 'Yes.' I said, 'It's my Dork.'

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Jul 12 12:21
Man with world's largest willy in security scare at airport

Guards feared bulge was 'biological threat'

Sun story

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
Colonel Juan
This user is offline El quien ose, sátirisa
Colonel Juan

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Jul 12 12:27

Pining for the fjords..

RIP
Simon Saunders
This user is offline Writer
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Jul 12 14:10
The opportunity for smutty innuedo is endless with this story.

The fella involved will be dining out on it for the rest of his life.

They put powder on his pants to check for explosives. Hahaha!

Priceless. Thanks QM.

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
pinxit

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Jul 12 15:46
Lordy! Don't go there Simon!!

That way lies madness, not to mention mega points.

Apparently there is a large back catalogue of "World's Largest..." stories spewed, er, penned by the veterans of this site; Vaginas, Penis, Anus(es), Mammary Glands, Scrotums, Gall Bladders(??!!), etc, etc... You name it, they've slathered over it.

So, like this poor chap - is it the Devil... or the Deep Blue Sea for ya?

Hmmmm...?

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Jul 12 15:55
Ah for the good old days...

The Good Old Days

We used to call it 'Pandering For Points.'

Think on.

Skoob.

RIP
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Jul 12 17:57
Skoob,

I have to restrain myself from producing a catalogue of good old fashioned smutty innuendo.

Sometimes I slip and drop a couple of double entendres in. Oooeer, sounds a bit rude. 'Ow queer.....etc, etc.

Simon 'Carry On' Saunders.

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Jul 12 19:27
Hiya Simon,

Write what you want mate, it's a free country. Merely pointing out to you amigo that there was a time in the not too dim and distant past when this place was virtually wall to wall penis and vagina stories, most of which weren't remotely funny, purely done to rack up points.

Then what happens is that people with - shall we say - not the greatest sense of humour or writing ability jump on the bandwagon and begin to compete for who can be the most outrageous.

The result of such is that the site starts to resemble some sort of pervert's playground, and not the sort of thing you'd want to proudly point out to your great aunt Doreen, (If you have a great aunt Doreen.)

It's my recollection that people pretty much agreed to leave a lot of that stuff alone - not because they're prudes or anything like that, more because it was getting pretty dark and downright weird.

Nowt wrong with a bit of innuendo, just sayin' that in the past it all got out of hand, and most of us (Including me to an extent) were guilty.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Lynton
Lynton

Forum Profile
Posted: 17 Jul 12 20:46
I second what skoob said. I just gets boring and pretty seedy if it carries on. Remember that the spoof has just been sidelined by Google - which is probably due to the effect of people dropping by to read something that they find isn't what it was purported to be and don't click the ads.

I don't think anyone should feel sorry for the dork, I suspect 'Roger the Todger has a career lined up in the San Fernando valley'.

Watching paint dry
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Jul 12 23:34
Skoob,

I agree!

I must confess that the odd bit of innuendo and the occassional double entendre makes me giggle. I have used these in some of my stories. Generally speaking I try to avoid it. As you say, having a site full of knob and fanny gags doesn't reflect well on the contributors as a whole.

You'll get no argument from me on that one.

However, I did recently produce a story about a rather sordid hobby and realise that I may look a little bit like a hypocrite now.

Simon

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 18 Jul 12 16:50
We've all done it Simon, so don't worry about it. Some sites even revel in it, thrive on it, and encourage it, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of innuendo - it's just that here it's been flogged to death.

And back again.

And then flogged to death yet again.

Some of the so-called humour that's out there based on innuendo (and I use 'innuendo' as a word, quite lightly) is just verging on the weird.

Some people seem to enjoy it - but for me, as a grandparent, writing suggestive stories about sixteen year old celebrities in an erotic context just seems weird.

It's an old debate here.

And one probably best left alone.

Keep on Spoofing.

Skoob.

RIP

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum