This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Best cure for a footie hangover; Warsteiner pils Madie in Germany!

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Jaggedone
This user is offline Warning: Sharp edges
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Jun 12 19:04 - Edited By: Jaggedone, 26 Jun 12 19:04
If you can't beat them join them, I've ordered my crate of Warsteiner Pils and I'm going to get thouroughly pissed watching the Krauts spank the Italians. It aint over till the fat lady sings and she never sings in Deutschland!

Monkey nutter...
Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 27 Jun 12 01:21
Hangover?

Not in our house mate. Twas to be expected. Just another day at the office.

On a serious note, the last decent England team to take the field did so in 1970, when they were the only team to give the magnificent Brazilians anything like a game.

Since then, they've been all hype and no hope. Always a massive let down.

Coming as I do from Salford, and being half Irish, I don't really care all that much about England. It's nice to see them do well occasionally, but it's mainly a southern thing - like this inexplicable loathing of all things French.

I'd rather see United win the CL than England win the World Cup any day of the week. It's where my heart is.

As for Ireland - two draws and a loss, followed by elimination in the group stages is a result in my book. Anything better than that's a bonus.

And the beer? And the Germans?

I prefer Belgian beer meself, although they do make good beer in Germany. Germans? Been there, travelled quite extensively and thoroughly enjoyed it. Overall impressions were good. Plan on going back some time.

Best team in the Euros by far, although don't discount Spain; and Italy won't be a walkover either. If they give Pirlo too much space he'll be the architect of their destruction. Likewise, Portugal, if Ronaldo and Nani are on form, they are very unpredictable and hard to contain.

See what I did there?

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Jaggedone
This user is offline Warning: Sharp edges
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 27 Jun 12 15:08
Skoob, when you come to Germany let me know, we'll meet up and discuss Mon dieu things!

Monkey nutter...

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum