This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / The New Forum Moderators

[This topic is LOCKED]

4 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 »
AuthorMessage
Ellis Ian Fields
This user is offline Writer
Ellis Ian Fields

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 07:47 - Edited By: Ellis Ian Fields, 16 Jun 12 07:48
Ooh 'eck. Was the Colonel telling anyone off? I don't think so. Like Skoob has said elsewhere, it seems the wonky-eyed Bolivian only has to raise her head above the parapet and someone throws a wobbly. I just read his post again and it seems to me he was just celebrating the fact that a rescue group had formed around the daft old Notts bugger.

If we don't need moderators, well the proof'll be in the pudding. All the same, they're still bloody establishment lapdogs! Come the revolution - first against the wall (for the firing squad, I mean, not for any other purposes that might be suggested by dodgy songs).

No-one speaks English and everything's broken.
pinxit

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 07:59
^^^^^ Fergus called you 'Muffy' ^^^^^

Here here all round.

Ellis Ian Fields
Ellis Ian Fields

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 08:22
Pants! I wanted to be Tufty. Never mind.

I think Ferg was just feeling a bit cranky - it was well after 2am after all. Missing his shut-eye.

Fergus McCarthy
This user is offline Devil's Avocado
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 16 Jun 12 10:01
Go on then, you are Tufty, I'll have to let the others know.

You want me as a moderator!
You need me as a moderator!!!
Ellis Ian Fields
Ellis Ian Fields

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 10:04
No - you've done it now. Huff.

pinxit

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 10:06
Ok. 'Huffy' it is...

Tommy Twinkle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 10:39
Prefects!

Ellis Ian Fields
Ellis Ian Fields

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 10:46
Who you calling a prefect, Tom? Who do you want to be?

Colonel Juan
This user is offline El quien ose, sátirisa
Colonel Juan

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 16 Jun 12 10:57

Mornin' Ferg..

What you don't know is that I barged into Skoob's office during the last transfer window and demanded a move to the Dark Side. All I got was a hairdryer in me face.

Agree with you entirely about the impersonal nature of the internet. Once this place finally morphs into another branch of Facebook, I'm off.

Being nice to one another- Yeah  let's all swap knitting patterns and recipes for dandelion wine.

Me personally, I do lots of artistic conflict. In case you hadn't noticed. What else is there in life? But also, I quite enjoy watching Skoobie doing a bit of troll baiting. It's like watching the master tickling trout. Trolls are OK in small doses. So long as people aren't fucking stupid enough to allow them to cause damage. Trolls can be quite entertaining. On a wet afternoon.

What I really can't stand is non stop love... and all this fucking slobbering. And being slobbered over. Next cunt that sticks his tongue down my throat without an invitation's gonna lose his teeth.

John Lennon's got a lot to answer for..

PS : without my mate Maggot this place stinks..

HUZZAH!!

RIP
Fergus McCarthy
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 16 Jun 12 11:53
You have potential for the Dark Side, you are horrible enough.

Dandelion wine, I bet that tastes like shit, the important thing is the alcohol content, anything under 12.5% is a bit pointless.

I do have a nice pattern for an Arran knit jumper if you are interested.

Erskin Quint
Erskin Quint

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 13:52
That is wonderful, Fergus, you are a card.

I've always fancied the Dark Side, me, though I'm not a nasty person.

It's being an outsider that appeals though.

Quote: Fergus McCarthy

Colonel Juan,

You are great, you are the best, thank god you are here, actually I'd like to thank god all the coal in the hole in the wall gang are here, Skoob. pinxy, fluffy, muffy, tufty...

Big pat on the back to you all for saving Inchcocks Spoof career, I'm sitting here replaying the Ireland Spain match and all I can think about is how happy Inchcock must be that he is allowed back into these hallowed forums after being banned for doing something that nobody knew about until you wonderful people let us know about it.

I'm close to tears.

I might actually achieve a tearful state if I knew what was wrong with the lad but then again thinking about it I might not. It's not that I wouldn't care, or even sympathise, it's just that I don't know him, never did know him and probably never will.

He's probably a lovely fella, he could also be a prize prick but that doesn't really matter.

Everyone has their problems, big problems, life changing problems, CAPITAL LETTER PROBLEMS.

If the man is so ill that you feel the need to admonish other members of the forum for not knowing that he is ill maybe you should do something worthwhile like raising a few quid to make his life a bit easier.

Arm Feet and Toe,

Why are you apologising for not knowing that he was ill?

Why?

Much adieu about nothing.

Moderators,

I hate moderators, not the individuals, the people, just the idea and the need for them, especially on a site like this.

Other sites I can understand it but I have a romantic notion about this place that most arguments can be sorted out with a few well crafted insults and after a while everyones happy.

In all the time I've been here we've never needed a moderator, I think it's shameful that a forum like this needs moderating, the active participants probably dont even number more than 20-25.

To close I'd just like to say that it definitely isn't the head gasket that's gone on my Transit van and that the rumour mill still turns on the subbject of EGR valves and blown turbo's'

We need more Americans on this forum, not less.

They have the money, the weapons and the man power.

3-0.

I think I'll turn it off before they start singing.

SERIOUS ABOUT DRIVEL
Lynton
Lynton

Forum Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 12 14:32
If I may correct your earlier contribution Ferg - it was actually the fact that Inch has been banned that was noticed by nobody but us. Nobody was reproaching anyone else it was an observation that CJ made. However I say again that nobody mentioned it even though he had actually been banned already for a few days when his absence was noticed b me and others.

What is wrong with him is his business but I will say that his tails of woe do not reflect the real difficulties in which he finds himself.

How is it Fergus that you turn up whenever there's troll trouble such as Duncan or arguments in the forum? It seems to happen all the time having looked back at several past occurrences. I don't believe in coincidences.

Watching paint dry
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 16 Jun 12 14:41 - Edited By: armfeetandtoe, 16 Jun 12 14:42
Furgus, before you go shouting your big mouth off. Inchcock is a friend, I know he is not a well man, but I did not know that he had been banned. My apology was for not being aware of what was happening on this forum and not being able, therefore, to help Inchy.

I also thanked C.J. for letting me know, and for the work they did getting Inchy reinstated. Without C.J, SKOOB,and Lynton, I would have remained banned. Inchcock is valued and proberly the funniest person on this forum. So I am a little surprised he was banned. As were other people that C.J. informed. It is also fitting that the names of the people that helped Inchcock be published, they deserve and warrant praise. They did not have to speak on his behalf.
They did, and obviously, out of respect for who they are, the matter was dealt with, and a favourable conclusion reached. Your comments are cherlish and not needed.

Arm xxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 16 Jun 12 14:53

Quote: Lynton
What is wrong with him is his business but I will say that his tails of woe do not reflect the real difficulties in which he finds himself.

Inchcock's numerous astrology Magazine articles have all been deleted.

Blame the loony eclipse if you wish.

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 16 Jun 12 18:52
"Dont talk to me abart Moderators mate, where was they durin the war? Eh...Looook..Look..I know they as to keep under cover an orl that, but wat abart Aden Eh? an yu erark war! Where was that Mudder then? Rarn Ellie's house avin a nosbag an a cup of char....Thats where!..Did they come rarnd an ave a go at the bosh? No! cos they was too busy....I say they was to busy...readin all that stuff on the Spoof...tryin to heducate themselves instead of sortin art that wot needed sortin art!.....Still...yu got love em.

Alf G
West Ham

You aint seen me.....right
Fergus McCarthy
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 16 Jun 12 23:42
Oh no you've sussed me out Lynton!!!!

I always turn up when Duncan is here?!!!!

You don't believe in coincidences?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe in god or global warming but there you go, some do. I'm flattered and bemused that you took the time to go back through the times when Duncan has been here and I made an appearance, you must be a bloody quick reader with lightning fast broadband to get through 5 and a half years of posts totalling roughly 4,386, 4.387 including this one.

Still, if that's the kind of thing that float's your boat so be it.

I must surely be the Chief Controller.

Seriously though, and it is hard to be serious when I say this but your comment there smacks of McCarthyism.

Oh the Ironing!!

This one's for you Lynton.

Witch.

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 16 Jun 12 23:58
Hello Fergus,

You seem to be a bit stressed. Have a drink or something. Maybe a nice mug of hot chocolate and a jaffa cake or three.

If your friend's been a naughty boy on occasion, it really isn't your problem.

Relax. It's all good.

Deep breaths....

Kindest

Skoob.

RIP
Fergus McCarthy
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Jun 12 00:16
Stressed? I don't do stress, that's heart attack invitation.

Duncan's alway's a naughty boy, some people just are. He was reasonably polite this time though wasn't he? Unless I missed something, I usually have a look in on my smart new smartphone during the day, one day I'll figure out how to post a message on it.

Hey Skoob? What happened to JB?

What did he do, or say more likely. I miss him like CJ misses the Danton lad. It's just not the same place.

(Sigh)

Fergus McCarthy
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Jun 12 00:19
Arm Feet and Toe,

Thanks for your answer.

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Jun 12 00:21
Fergus,

You know the answers to every question you just raised.

And that took you 18 minutes?

Did you have a drink, or was it the hot chocolate and jaffa cake option?

We deserve to know that at least.

Kindest

Skoob

RIP
Fergus McCarthy
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Jun 12 00:31
I'm out of coffee so it will have to be tea, I'm also on Google news looking at the Greek tragedy that's about to unfold and the Done Deal website looking at cars, I need a new one.

We only have rich tea in the cupboard, I hate rich tea, shopping day tomorrow.

Thelonius

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Jun 12 00:46 - Edited By: Chris McManus, 17 Jun 12 00:59
I'm wondering what troll trouble looks like.  In this case, what damage was done?  It didn't look like any kind of trouble to me.  I saw someone (very clever, as CJ admits) spoofing about how it is here to be treated in a very disrespectful way (with CJ using the cunt and the fuck words very early on with no provocation) and someone being spoofed for looking for points ( with Skoob suggesting this, that and the other way to get points).  If you knew it was him, why did you let him make these incredibly valid points?  And why let him write so many stories of a quality we don't often see?  I'm not sure you detected him as soon as you suggest.

I don't know what he did to be banned, but there's all kinds of questionable things being done right now by those who claim he was the devil himself; some of them, people who want to be moderators.  Was he rude?  What could have provoked that?

Skoob said, "Dan's one of the good guys, not like me."  does this mean "He got banned, but I didn't yet?".  I don't know the history, but it seems a shame that this site can't benefit from the unusual and amazing skills of Dan Cun (whomever). What were we protected from?   

Thelonius

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Jun 12 00:47 - Edited By: Chris McManus, 17 Jun 12 00:53

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Jun 12 01:10
Did I ever say Duncan was the devil?

I think not.

How did people know it was him?

Familiarity.

Can he write incisive and cutting humour? I'd say absolutely yes.

Thing is, he's been quite malicious to some people who come here. Shit happens. The only person to blame is the man himself, and you'd have to ask him why he sometimes does what he does. I can't speak for him.

As far as myself being banned? I suspect I may have come close to that on occasion, but never for personally abusing other site users.

There are rules here, and it's quite simple really. Adhere to the rules and you're okay. On the other hand, if someone comes here trying to deliberately provoke - they get short shrift.

It's also selective to a degree, because people are human. For example, if someone tells me to "fuck off" and calls me a "cunt" I take it with a pinch of salt. Likewise if someone criticises what I do here - I can take that with good grace, and Mark knows that.

I can take abuse until it dribbles out of my ears.

Some people don't like criticism and get offended by things. My point of view is that Mark tries to cater for everyone, regardless of ability, and he has a good idea about what's likely to upset a given individual, and acts accordingly.

It's a collective. Simple as that.

And Chris - as you raised the point, PM me anytime and I'll happily respond.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Fergus McCarthy
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Jun 12 01:23
That was very well put Skoob.

I'd agree with... All of it really.

4 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum