This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Please be nice

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - « 1 [2]
AuthorMessage
Jean Le Fete
This user is offline Deanalope
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Jun 12 23:46
Fergus, I think the moratorium is only for as long as the new person's "I'm a new Person" thread stays active, then they are fair game. Enjoy!

Quote: Fergus McCarthy

How long do we have to be nice to the newcomers for? I suppose what I'm trying to say is, is there a time limit, a good grace period and then the gloves are off or do we always have to be nice to them?

I need to know.... I've been watching Erskin Quint for a while now, he looks dodgy.

It's not that I can't help these people it's just, I don't want to. - Tom Hanks - Volunteers
Thelonius
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Jun 12 01:07 - Edited By: Chris McManus, 14 Jun 12 01:08
Fergus and Jean.  I was passing through "Spoof" headquarters this morning on the pretense of using the washroom for what I had to guarantee was a number one.  I won't tell you what lengths they went to to ensure that number two couldn't even be a possibility.  (the doctor says it's reversible)

As I passed by the secretaries' desk, I saw lists; very much like the ones I imagine Santa has.  You may both rest assured that you are on the "nice" side, and very near the top of that side.  Not only that, but Santa's list was there too.  I couldn't help but notice the lists were identical!  Who is copying whom I have no idea.  This, "be nice" thing has nothing to do with you guys.  See, you guys are nice to newbies always.

If you're watching the tournament where they kick the ball around in every direction but the right one, please enjoy. 

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 14 Jun 12 03:08
Be nice to people, they'll be nice to you. Be nasty to people, and they'll ignore you.

Albanian proverb.

RIP
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 14 Jun 12 14:58
Be nice
been nice
bees are nice
business is nice
beautiful is nice
beans on toast is nice
beam me up scotty, nice
beasts of burden are nice

I dont know what the hell I am doing

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
churchmouse
churchmouse

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Jun 12 15:48

Quote: Fergus McCarthy

How long do we have to be nice to the newcomers for? I suppose what I'm trying to say is, is there a time limit, a good grace period and then the gloves are off or do we always have to be nice to them?

I need to know.... I've been watching Erskin Quint for a while now, he looks dodgy.

I think that it's advisable to let everyone here know that I'm new here. In fact so new that all and sundry have an obligation to be incredibly nice to me.

I should also point out that I'll be very grateful for any spare money you might have. I'm also keen on holidays in Barbados, and I drink champagne... or bitter at a push.

Ta awfully.

Suppose I'd better say that you are all fab... You are all fab.

Blurrrrgh.

And as the baby rabbit of hope emerges into the soft sunlight of happiness to be confronted with the double barrels of reality
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 14 Jun 12 16:53
I am unanimous in being nice to nice people. I like people with heads, the ones that have at least one eye, and a nostril. I do get a bit sniffy with people that have no chin, but do tolerate. Oh, those writers with three fingers and a thumb, like them, I am also nice to people who speak with a forked tongue. There, thats nice. And that.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right

2 Pages - « 1 [2]
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum