This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Special

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
armfeetandtoe
This user is offline Writer
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 11 May 12 21:58
My wife works as a nurse in a place where people reside with the sole purpose of dying. A lady, asked her if she could see the sea, "One last time". My misses fullfilled her promise today and took the old lady to the beach on her day off. On the way home, Irene picked the wild flowers the lady wanted and made a little posy. When they got back to the womans room, Irene witnessed this wonderful lady take her last breath. My darling has it in her mind that she is responsible for the womans death. I have tried to explain that she gave this person their dying wish, which few people on this planet can say they have done. My Irene needs a little support, can you give her a word of encouragement? I would be eternaly greatfull.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
Ellie James
This user is offline Moderator
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 11 May 12 22:13
I would say that your wife did a wonderful thing. She must be a very special lady.

I would hope someone would do that for me...

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.
Inchcock
Inchcock

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 12 May 12 04:49 - Edited By: Inchcock, 12 May 12 04:51
You are right, in that what Irene has done, is indeed a kind, humane and wonderful thing.

An action of true worth and value, to supply an answer, and grant the last wishes of an elderly person... an answer to her prayers.

I would be so proud of her if she were my wife.

Please thank her on my behalf for her comforting actions.

Inchcock

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 May 12 05:45
"Random acts of kindness" is a well worn and much bandied about phrase mate but what your rather wonderful lady did was to commit a random act of beauty.

Life affirming and humbling. Cherish her.

Is this the right forum for a forum?
churchmouse
churchmouse

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 May 12 07:18

The kindness that your wife performed for the old lady was worth more than gold.

She is not responsible for the woman's death. that would of happened anyway. What she has done is allow the woman to pass away contentedly.

I'm sure that you are very proud of her, and I would wish that someone show me the same kindness when my time comes.

Although I live a couple of hours away from the sea so I'd probably peg it while we were traversing a roundabout or something, which would mean that the poor sod driving me would then have to spend some considerable time filling in forms and talking to paramedics.

And as the baby rabbit of hope emerges into the soft sunlight of happiness to be confronted with the double barrels of reality
pinxit

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 May 12 09:03
Arm...

Compassion defines the best of what makes us individual beings human.

The slightest unheralded act of generosity and compassion screams louder than all the showiest displays of apparent charity.

Treasure her.

IainB
This user is offline Gentle with me
IainB

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 12 May 12 09:20
That one act of kindness made a troubling time for the lady she drove to the beach more easier to bear.

She has done a beautiful thing, and deserves much praise. The end of life is hard on those around them, it can be harder still on those going through it. To know that you have had a delightful moment before hand eases the inevitable passage.

I'm sure the lady would tell her thank-you, if she could.

My deathbed wish is to be taught to play the violin like a virtuoso. I reckon that would take a good 12 months...

Iain

If 42 is the answer, the question is if 24 looks in the mirror, who does she see?
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 12 May 12 12:23
Thank you, all of you, She has read your replies and feels a lot happier with herself. Strange how she would feel guilt after doing such a benevolent thing.

Love Light and Peace

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 12 May 12 14:47
They say some people wait for precisely the right time to die. Your wife gave it to this elderly lady. Ask your wife how she would feel if she hadn't taken the lady for one more trip to the beach?

There's your answer.

Lovely people still exist and your wife is definitely one of them.

Charpa

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum