This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Women Only (and IainB)

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
AuthorMessage
Ellie James
This user is offline Moderator
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 20 Apr 12 02:21
Alright.....so I just wanted to see what happened if I began a thread devoted to women's issues. And, I included Iain since he spent a week as a woman recently.

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.
Charpa93
This user is offline Writer
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 20 Apr 12 03:56
Ok, I'll bite.
Today on the news I saw where people are speculating who Romney will pick as a VP.

Condie Rice was #1.

Would you vote for Romney if Condi was the VP? Would you feel comfortable having Condi as a Pres if, God forbid, something happened to Romney?

Would Condi Rice as VP turn the election more in Romney's favor, i.e. getting the women vote?

Charpa

radiogagger
radiogagger

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 20 Apr 12 10:51
does my half an hour qualify me Ellie?

'How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything'
T Harv Eker
Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 20 Apr 12 11:43
Interesting....Could Condi Rice help win an election?

She could. I'd take her over Sarah Palin! Condi is pro-choice, and she's okay with gay marriage/civil unions though. Those are two things the far right wing won't compromise on, and they are two things hard to change your mind on.

What I wish politicians would stop doing is automatically assuming that having a woman as a running mate could swing a vote. Maybe for uninformed and uneducated people, it could. But, give us some credit. It's like saying Marco Rubio is a shoe in for the Latino vote.

I don't know if I would want her in the White House though, not because she's a woman or where she stands on key women's issues, but because she's been there before....in an argueably more important job that VP. She supported the Iraq War....and that's not okay with me.

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.
Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 20 Apr 12 16:51
Sure RG go ahead an chime in. Be queen for a day if you like.

As for Condi, Ellie, the sad truth is, we do place quite a lot of importance on gender and race when picking a candidate, when in fact, it doesn't matter. Would Condi curl up in a ball and allow the big money interests control her everyday performance? That is the big question. I know the answer to that if we're talking Romney, but Rice? Dunno.

Charpa

Oh dear, we were supposed to be talking stilettos and lipstick weren't we? Don't own a pair of stilettos anymore and as for lipstick, both my tubes are quite old, which, by news accounts, is a very dangerous situation were I to actually use them.

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 20 Apr 12 17:46
Daily Show: Women Matter

The above link is from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Just thought I'd share because, as satire, it's brilliant. Yet, it's also very very sad....

I agree, race and gender do play a huge part in American politics. Would she cave and let corporate money corrupt and influence her? I'm sure she would...as they all wind up doing. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but I doubt he'd pick her just because of where she stands on some issues.

As for stilletos and lipstick....I think actually Iain has more experience wearing those than I do. My complete disdain for high heels can be further be proven by the fact I can't spell stilleto. For that matter, I don't wear mascara or hairspray, either.

Ellie

IainB
This user is offline Gentle with me
IainB

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 20 Apr 12 21:21
It is said when I realise I know more about mascara, stilettos and lipstick than American politics.

I share this trait with the last five presidents of the USA.

Iain

If 42 is the answer, the question is if 24 looks in the mirror, who does she see?
Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 20 Apr 12 22:23

Quote: IainB

It is said when I realise I know more about mascara, stilettos and lipstick than American politics.

Iain

and their VPs!

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 12 12:28
I had to walk through Dillards the other day...As a rule I don't like malls or department stores. But there I was realizing that I could stand all day in the men's department smelling cologne. Yet upstairs just to get to the store in mall I had to go to I had to fight my way through the women's perfume maze where they prey on you like vultures. It's like that scene from Airplane where they fight off Hare Chrishnas.

Ellie

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 12 13:55

Quote: IainB

Iain

It's okay......I know more about Star Wars, Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica that British politics.

I also probably know more about Star Wars, Star Trek and BSG than the last 5 presidents as well.

Ellie

Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 21 Apr 12 15:43
I've never been able to figure out how rich women smell so good. It must cost a fortune because the best I can come up with is smelling like a bar of lavender soap.

But I do keep up with politics, which bugs the hell out of people who really do keep up with politics.

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Apr 12 01:15
Lavender makes me have asthma attacks. I do like the scent in small doses though.

But, the real reason I'm commenting right now is this:

Fareed Zakaria....discuss...

I think he's brilliant. He's someone I'd want to interview.

Ellie

Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 23 Apr 12 01:26 - Edited By: Charpa93, 23 Apr 12 01:29
And he is on the women only topic because? Don't tell me you fancy him for his looks as well as his brains? Ellie?

Just having fun with you.

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Apr 12 06:19

Quote: Charpa93

And he is on the women only topic because? Don't tell me you fancy him for his looks as well as his brains? Ellie?

Just having fun with you.

That made me laugh....

He did a segment on his GPS show about women/ birth control / the marriage rate and if America is failing in recent weeks.

As a single person I can list many reasons why I am not married and one of them is that I don't want to settle for a douchebag.

I don't know why I started thinking about Fareed Zakaria and marriage other than the fact for the hundredth time my mom brought up my lack of husband and it made me think of that show and other articles that hit on the topic.

Why didn't I say all this before ? Most likely I was distracted by my 6 year old...

Ellie

Jaggedone
This user is offline Warning: Sharp edges
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 23 Apr 12 07:09
my cross-dressing days are over

Monkey nutter...
Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 23 Apr 12 14:56

Quote: Jaggedone

my cross-dressing days are over

yep, nothing will make a man run faster than witnessing two women in a conversation, regardless of the topic.

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Apr 12 17:46
This is true...the only exception might be my ex who would have loved for me to talk about sports, Land Rovers or cars. I never did much to his surprise!

Ellie

Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 23 Apr 12 18:06
It's those hairy legs and armpits that bother me!

Monkey nutter...
Erskin Quint
Erskin Quint

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Apr 12 19:42
I haven't got a husband either.

SERIOUS ABOUT DRIVEL
Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 26 Apr 12 03:14
On a completely different note, I saw the clip of Madeline Albright on Jon Stewart. I was always impressed with her intelligence and has lead a very interesting life.

I also always thought Julia Childs was cool. Mainly because she was a spy.

Ellie

Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Apr 12 07:24
Ellie, WHO?

Monkey nutter...
Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 26 Apr 12 13:16
Madeline Albright was the first woman Secretary of State. She served under Clinton. She was also an ambassador for the UN. The other night she was on Jon Stewart promoting her new book where she talks about being Czech...learning as an adult that she's Jewish and had relatives who died in the Holocaust.

Julia Childs wrote cook books and was a spy in WWll.

Ellie

Ellie James
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 26 Apr 12 13:40
Madeline Albright was the first woman Secretary of State. She served under Clinton. She was also an ambassador for the UN. The other night she was on Jon Stewart promoting her new book where she talks about being Czech...learning as an adult that she's Jewish and had relatives who died in the Holocaust.

Julia Childs wrote cook books and was a spy in WWll.

Ellie

Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Apr 12 14:41
Thanks Ellie, I only know Erskine Quint who floats in such circles!

Monkey nutter...
Charpa93
Charpa93

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 26 Apr 12 17:01

Quote: Jaggedone

Thanks Ellie, I only know Erskine Quint who floats in such circles!

Actually, both the women Ellie mentioned probably resemble EQ a bit. ooh err talk about your hairy armpits and legs.

Sorry Ellie. I disparaged some really great women and for that I am truly sorry.

JO, forget I said anything.

Charpa

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum