This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / WARNING - Tracking Cookies

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Exislanda
This user is offline Writer
Exislanda

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 27 Feb 12 13:01
Want everyone to know that when I entered writers desk and then again going to Forum that I received warnings from my defences that tracking cookies are coming in with these pages.

Gonna clean - suggest everyone checks/cleans too.

Mark please check the server(s).

Yo Ho Ho!
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 27 Feb 12 15:59
Please explain the term "Tracking Cookies" only all I keep visualising is a fucking great giant Rich Tea biscuit bending low with a huge magnifying glass doggedly following footprints.

As to having a clean up, I'll have you know I have a good strip wash at the sink at the end of every month whether I need it or not.

Bloody cheek!

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 27 Feb 12 16:07
I got tracked by a giant custard cream. Seems I upset it when I took its sister for a dunk in me coffee cup swimming pool............Or was it a Bourbon?

Anyway, thanks for the warning I just did a privacy sweep and nothing found. Except Mr Clive Danton trying to have a nibble at me Rich Tea.

Love as always

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
Colonel Juan
This user is offline El quien ose, sátirisa
Colonel Juan

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 27 Feb 12 16:21

This thread is shameful.

Tracking cookies disgust me!

threads about body scrubbing, particular scrubbing cookies once a month, all belong in the Writer's Discussion part of the Forum.

And not here, in General Discussion...

where every bloody word we say is out there on public display.

It's a disgrace I say

Yours

Sophie from Suffolk

Tel: 9673812391 after midnight

(3 quid a minute or 4 quid with the hood down)..

RIP
IainB
This user is offline Gentle with me
IainB

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 27 Feb 12 19:23
I don't get tracking cookies coming onto my computer.

My screen saver is the Cookie Monster.

Iain

If 42 is the answer, the question is if 24 looks in the mirror, who does she see?
Lynton
Lynton

Forum Profile
Posted: 27 Feb 12 23:04
I tried tracking cookies once but the birds got all the crumbs

Watching paint dry
Mark
This user is offline Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 28 Feb 12 09:18
Exis, I wouldn't like to condemn your defences but I suspect it's getting overly uptight about the cookies used by or on The Spoof. Quite a few security packages alert about cookies - it's to show you that it's actually doing something. But cookies are mostly harmless.

You can find out more about the way The Spoof uses cookies in the privacy policy.

On another note, you've asked a direct question to me in the forum. Please avoid doing this because I don't always read every thread in the forum and can't act on things asked of me if I don't read them.

Please, everyone, send me a private message or and email if you need to get my personal attention, or ask here if it's a general question which you think could be answered by anyone.

Spoofing all over the world
Lynton
Lynton

Forum Profile
Posted: 28 Feb 12 17:48
What about blowing raspberries - that doesn't work with either.

I s'pose that means a bloody train to Lancaster

Still it's a long time since I was up that way - oh nostalgia (or is that neuralgia?) Cark and Cartmel, Grange Over Sands, Ulverston. Didn't they film that Trevor Howard film oop that way? About an underwear salesman meets a terribly fraitfully lah di dah voiced woman on a train and she falls in love with his Y fronts - Brief Encounter - that's it.

Watching paint dry
Erskin Quint
Erskin Quint

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 28 Feb 12 21:59
Ulverston, home of the Laurel & Hardy Museum and the Hoad Monument. The coast road to Barrow is a delight.

You can look across the bay to Morecambe. Still, nowhere's perfect.

SERIOUS ABOUT DRIVEL
Lynton
Lynton

Forum Profile
Posted: 29 Feb 12 01:27
Did they stuff him and erect him in Blackpool? I know there's a statue to Ernie Wise up that way.

Lovely part of the country; both times I went was to the Glaxo factory and labs. The first time was to play football in the Glaxo internal league. The second time was for an interview - didn't get the job.Their loss.

My favorite part being a birdwatcher was the thousands of waders in Morecambe Bay on the mud flats

Watching paint dry
Exislanda
Exislanda

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 29 Feb 12 02:36

Quote: Mark

Exis, I wouldn't like to condemn your defences but I suspect it's getting overly uptight about the cookies used by or on The Spoof. Quite a few security packages alert about cookies - it's to show you that it's actually doing something. But cookies are mostly harmless.

You can find out more about the way The Spoof uses cookies in the privacy policy.

CRUMBS!
What did I start?

It divides the English (UK) from the English(US) 'cus I wasn't talking about biscuits, creamed or otherwise. As an aside, can anyone send some Digestives? Miss them!

My AVG Insternet Security Free edition just removed 182 - that would fill about 5 or 6 packs, unless you buy Jumbo.

By the way, when I'm in Dominican Republic, Presidente beer is sold in Jumbo size (1 litre), but have to pronounce it Dyumbo or they pretend not to know what I'm talking about - good beer, as it's hard to get a bitter in caribbean.

Yo Ho Ho!
Lynton
Lynton

Forum Profile
Posted: 29 Feb 12 21:14 - Edited By: Lynton, 29 Feb 12 21:15
Barcel├│ rum and about 20 other rums on sale in the Dom rep corner shops together with matches batteries,canned sardines and tuna. Nothing else - apart from Arctic air conditioning. Oh yes and Coca Cola.

Watching paint dry

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum