This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / merry x-mas! I wish it would STAY cold outside!

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Madame Bitters
This user is offline Sweeter than sugar
Madame Bitters

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 21 Dec 08 20:06
Merry Christmas!

I live in Dallas. Today it's 36 outside. Yesterday it was nearly 70. I'm so confused! Mother Nature needs to get with the fucking program. It's 4 days til x-mas, I want it to be cold and stay cold. Is that so wrong!?

I wished I lived in Maine. Then I could use the sled someone gave me a long time ago.

Happy Holidays!

Keep the candy, leave the booze
Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 21 Dec 08 23:48
Happy Holidays, that's crap that is.

In the words of the immortal Mister Dennis Leary:

Have A Merry Fucking Christmas

RIP
victor nicholas
This user is offline Doc
victor nicholas

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 22 Dec 08 00:15

Quote: Madame Bitters

I wished I lived in Maine. Then I could use the sled someone gave me a long time ago.

Happy Holidays!

If you had a luge you could lay on your back.

Few sports offer that opportunity.

Happy Holidays!

"Vottznewpuzzykatt?"
Madame Bitters
Madame Bitters

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Dec 08 01:56

Quote: Skoob1999

----------------------------------------------------------------
Just trying to mix up the holiday greetings to keep it from getting monotonous. Saying Merry Christmas everytime gets a little boring.

But if you insist:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Madame Bitters
Madame Bitters

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Dec 08 01:56 - Edited By: Madame Bitters, 22 Dec 08 02:41

Quote: Skoob1999

----------------------------------------------------------------
Just trying to mix up the holiday greetings to keep it from getting monotonous. Saying Merry Christmas everytime gets a little boring.

But if you insist:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Jesus Budda
This user is offline Two sheets to the wind
Jesus Budda

Forum Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 22 Dec 08 18:27
"Merry x-mas"?
"Happy Holidays"?

What the fuck, Madame Bitters?

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Thats the words all the boys and girls love so well. Say it. Type it. It's not old hat. It's not monotonous. It's the way things are and should stay.

You want chocolate?
I'll give you some chocolate if you want.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

And you have to type it in capital letters.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. See?

One more time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

A lot of people never show any initiative because no-one told them to
P.M. Wortham
This user is offline Literary Dog

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 22 Dec 08 20:54

Quote: victor nicholas

Happy Holidays!

If you had a luge you could lay on your back.

Few sports offer that opportunity.

Happy Holidays!

A slight sexist piece of commentary given the spirit of the season. Shame on you VN. Having said that, Nice Bustier Ms. Texas. Love the Avatar.

Yes, we all have our holiday crosses to bear weather wise. It's 15 degrees F. with a -20 wind chill in Michigan today. They invented wind chill here just to remind you how cold it really is, should you choose to wear something warm but still porous. Still, it will be a white Christmas and the trees are pretty. Frickin' Brrrrr.

Madame Bitters
Madame Bitters

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 23 Dec 08 00:30

Quote: Jesus Budda

You want chocolate?
I'll give you some chocolate if you want.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

And you have to type it in capital letters.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. See?

One more time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I'm sorry about that, Jesus Budda. I didn't realize that Christmas greetings were such a touchy subject for you.

Please accept my most humble and sincere appologies.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

There's something I've gotta get off my chest that's been bothering me for days...

HALLOWEEN IS THE SHIT!!!!

Don't insult my holiday. Because it is MY holiday, make no mistake about it.

In fact, I don't need you to give me any chocolate because I have some left over from HALLOWEEN, which is the greastest holiday EVER by the way.

Anyway, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, JB.

I look forward to your reply

On another topic.....

Before I forget, PM you are a gentleman and I love you for it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PM.

Try to stay warm!

Jesus Budda
This user is offline Two sheets to the wind
Jesus Budda

Forum Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 23 Dec 08 18:14

I'm sorry about that, Jesus Budda. I didn't realize that Christmas greetings were such a touchy subject for you.

Please accept my most humble and sincere appologies.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

There's something I've gotta get off my chest that's been bothering me for days...

HALLOWEEN IS THE SHIT!!!!

Don't insult my holiday. Because it is MY holiday, make no mistake about it.

In fact, I don't need you to give me any chocolate because I have some left over from HALLOWEEN, which is the greastest holiday EVER by the way.

Anyway, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, JB.

I look forward to your reply

Halloween is not the shit.
Halloween is shit!
Madame bitters, what the hell is going on in your crazy head?
Halloween is my most hated time of the year. Well, that and Good Friday.
I fucking hate Good Friday. Whats so good about it? Nothing!
It's shit. Man gets crucified. lots of blood and torture but apart from that nothing especially exciting happens.

Halloween is similar. Witches are alright but they don't exactly set the house of fire, do they? Well, maybe the clumsy smoking ones do. But in general they are fucking shit. Like Halloween.

I like Easter eggs. It's the only good thing about that whole Good Friday thing. Get through friday and make it to Sunday to get your sweet lips on the chocolate eggs. But it's a Sunday. Nobody likes Sunday. Even God hated sunday. He did nothing on that day. Just went to bed and tried to forget about it.

Halloween is shit, Madame Biters, and the sooner you realize that the better this world will be. Why? I have no idea.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

A lot of people never show any initiative because no-one told them to
Phil Edgar's Bones
This user is offline Writer
Phil Edgar's Bones

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 24 Dec 08 00:28
Christmas is supposed to be warm. In fact hot. It didnt snow in Bethlehem. Otherwise the three whise men would have been hats, scarves and mittens for baby Jesus

While I like all th snow and Fir trees. That is more Victorian Christmas, Scrooge, Scandanavia, Coke adverts Christmas.

Does anyone know whatever happened to the Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh they gave Jesus. I have read the bible repeatedly and it seems to have disappeared. I always thought Joseph might have kept it, considering he was only the stepfather.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion, and I mean that most insincerely folks.
Morse
This user is offline -- --- .-. ... .
Morse

Forum Profile
Posted: 24 Dec 08 02:36

Merry Christmas!

I live in Dallas. Today it's 36 outside. Yesterday it was nearly 70. I'm so confused! Mother Nature needs to get with the fucking program. It's 4 days til x-mas, I want it to be cold and stay cold. Is that so wrong!?

Happy Holidays!

MB: having lived in Maine for 15 years before a move to SC I can say that judging by your Avatar you would be out of place. They often say up there the only difference between a Maine woman and a Maine moose is that the women wear flannel shirts! And as a Maine friend of mine said one morning after a dispute with the power company shut him down "Fuck 'em, I'll watch the Red Sox in the Dark!" And for getting back to Big D from Down East Maine, the locals will tell ya...."can't get there from here! Ayuh!" Morse

Whether you're rich or you're poor, it always pays to have money!
victor nicholas
This user is offline Doc
victor nicholas

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 24 Dec 08 04:07

Before I forget, PM you are a gentleman and I love you for it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PM.

Try to stay warm!

If you saw pictures of Wortham in his bustier you might think different.

"Vottznewpuzzykatt?"
Madame Bitters
Madame Bitters

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 24 Dec 08 07:06

Quote: Jesus Budda

Halloween is not the shit.
Halloween is shit!
Madame bitters, what the hell is going on in your crazy head?
Halloween is my most hated time of the year. Well, that and Good Friday.
I fucking hate Good Friday. Whats so good about it? Nothing!
It's shit. Man gets crucified. lots of blood and torture but apart from that nothing especially exciting happens.

Halloween is similar. Witches are alright but they don't exactly set the house of fire, do they? Well, maybe the clumsy smoking ones do. But in general they are fucking shit. Like Halloween.

I like Easter eggs. It's the only good thing about that whole Good Friday thing. Get through friday and make it to Sunday to get your sweet lips on the chocolate eggs. But it's a Sunday. Nobody likes Sunday. Even God hated sunday. He did nothing on that day. Just went to bed and tried to forget about it.

Halloween is shit, Madame Biters, and the sooner you realize that the better this world will be. Why? I have no idea.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

You're militant pro-Christmas tirade has done nothing to convince me that Halloween sucks. In fact, I think I love Halloween even more now.

After you wrote those inflamatory and hurtful things about my beloved holiday, I've been reminising about past Halloweens and I can truthfully say that I've NEVER had a bad Halloween. Not so with Christmas.

Halloween is the only day of the year when it's okay to be mischevious. In fact it's expected.

What other day of the year is it perfectly suitable to go out panhandling for food (it's not always candy- as the night goes on most people end up running out of candy and that's when you get the real random things like boxes of LIFE cereal and cans of condensed soup) dressed up like Freddy Kruger and not be shot at with a deer rifle?

None!

And what other day of the year allows people vandalize houses with eggs and toilet paper when the residents give out toothbrushes instead PopRocks?

None!

When else can you go to your neighbor's house (the ones who always calls the cops whenever you throw a 3 day party because you're 'setting a bad example' for their kids. These are the same kids who gave you $100 that they stole from their parents for a six-pack of fuzzy navel wine coolers, mind you) and leave a flaming bag of dog poop on their doorstep?

You know the answer. None!

My point is that some bad behavior is expected on Halloween.

When pranks like that are pulled on Halloween you just get a stern talking to by the police. If any of those things were done on Christmas day, it would end with you going to jail. And you will not be having a very merry Christmas when you're locked up in county.

Or so I've been told.

With Christmas you HAVE to be good the majority of the time or you don't get squat.

One year, I swear to God this is true, I actually got coal- a MOTHERFUCKING LUMP OF COAL for Christmas. Where do you even find coal these days, other than Kentucky?

It was from my grandpa, who was from the Old Country. It's possible that in the twisted culture of his native land coal is a good present. It may be a special treat from the usual horse shit that was burned to heat the cottages, but I don't know.

This is very damaging to a child's psyche, and I've yet to get over it. That being said, I do like Christmas. But I LOVE Halloween!

But I gotta agree with you about the whole Good Friday thing, though. Any day someone is nailed to a cross and left to die a slow, languishing death out in the desert ia a bad fucking day. Even if it did turn out okay in the end.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!!!!

Madame Bitters
Madame Bitters

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 24 Dec 08 07:20

Quote: Morse

MB: having lived in Maine for 15 years before a move to SC I can say that judging by your Avatar you would be out of place. They often say up there the only difference between a Maine woman and a Maine moose is that the women wear flannel shirts! And as a Maine friend of mine said one morning after a dispute with the power company shut him down "Fuck 'em, I'll watch the Red Sox in the Dark!" And for getting back to Big D from Down East Maine, the locals will tell ya...."can't get there from here! Ayuh!" Morse

That's funny! I especially liked the part about moose and Maine women. Everyone's been really nice about the snow situation (or lack there of) and I feel a lot better about it now.

There's a saying about Texas weather- If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 5 minutes. This is only a slight exaggeration.

By Friday it's supposed to be in the 70s again. Guess I'll be wearing shorts flipflops for a day or two.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum