This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Beaver fever...

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 21 Apr 08 18:45
NY police on Pope watch snatch river beaver

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York police guarding the United Nations during Pope Benedict's visit on Friday made a rare discovery and rescue -- of a beaver struggling to swim past the world body's headquarters.

Soon after the pope left the United Nations, police harbour and scuba units patrolling the East River spotted the four-foot (1.20 metre) long, 40-pound (18-kg) animal. Beavers have only recently returned to the city with the first sighting of one in more than 200 years made in February 2007.

Lt. John Harkins, commanding officer, NYPD SCUBA, said in a statement that the animal had been tilting unnaturally and showed "laboured breathing." After securing it in a safety noose the officers pulled it aboard their vessel.

"It has pretty big claws," Harkins said of the beaver which will be taken to an animal hospital.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080418/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_pope_usa_beaver_1

Sorry no badger in this story...

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 18:49
I actually wrote a story in February of 2007 about that first beaver sighting:

Beaver in New York Story

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
Jalapenoman
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 18:49
I also think it's funny that your headline has the words "snatch" and "beaver" in it. Someone snuck that past a copy editor.

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
pop_princess200515
This user is offline Writer
pop_princess200515

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 19:09
u luk hdksjtyauisdfdhdjklksdjfh-me trying to spell my name with my elbows.

Midget laughs are my thing.
Jesus Budda
This user is offline Two sheets to the wind
Jesus Budda

Forum Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 21 Apr 08 19:14

Quote: pop_princess200515

u luk hdksjtyauisdfdhdjklksdjfh-me trying to spell my name with my elbows.

You are a ****ing fool but the odd time you come out with something so incredibly stupid that you make me laugh!

JB

A lot of people never show any initiative because no-one told them to
pop_princess200515
pop_princess200515

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 19:43
...I will cry for the child you shall bear or perhaps even raise, for that child should be called wierd and ugly.

Man, i just love my insults.*sigh*

Jalapenoman
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 19:48
Have a little compassion! His child died within the past week. He was a 14 year old, half Nigerian boy with an unpronounceable name who went by "Henman."

Please apologize to J.B. now for your thoughtlessness.

pop_princess200515
pop_princess200515

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 19:54
...Im sorry about Herman, but I want to know how to do that quote thingy...PLEASE.I'm using correct grammer.

Jalapenoman
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 19:57

...Im sorry about Herman, but I want to know how to do that quote thingy...PLEASE.I'm using correct grammer.

1. There should be an apostrophy in "I'm." You got it right the second time, but missed it the first.
2. There should be two spaces at the end of a sentence.
3. Look in the right hand corner of every one of the posts. You will see a little gray box with the word "quote" in it. Click the box in the post that you wish to quote and it will appear in your reply.
4. So, if we have passed by junior high, how far have we made it through high school?

queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 21 Apr 08 20:00
Ahem...there might not have been a high school when this one was first eligible....circa 1930.

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
pop_princess200515
pop_princess200515

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 20:01
Well, I have made it pretty far infact, I'm almost through. just one year to go.w00t w00t

Jalapenoman
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 20:03
You'd have a better chance of finishing with a diploma if you were at school today than if you were at home playing on your computer. I'd also pay more attention in English class.

pop_princess200515
pop_princess200515

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Apr 08 20:08
Actually, I am at school I'm not taking English and I'm on my cell phone it has internet. Also all I to get my ADVANCED diploma is 8 more credits and they all are college courses.Just so you know.Oh and by the way...Next Week is my birthday.So to you sir i say go wash your hair.

BuckwheatsButt
This user is offline Deleted

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 22 Apr 08 11:15 - Edited By: BuckwheatsButt, 22 Apr 08 11:16

Actually, I am at school I'm not taking English and I'm on my cell phone it has internet. Also all I to get my ADVANCED diploma is 8 more credits and they all are college courses.Just so you know.Oh and by the way...Next Week is my birthday.So to you sir i say go wash your hair.

I'd say you'd have a better chance of getting a passing grade if you kept your mind open and your legs closed! Flies are an annoyance in the classroom!

BUCK

pop_princess200515
pop_princess200515

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Apr 08 13:41
Since when am I a skank?
Have I done anything to hint that I am if so I am sorry but you have the wrong ideas about me.

I also do not appreciate any of this... I appreciate all of it.
why you ask me???
Because it makes me stronger...and alittle self concius<shut up i know i spelled it wrong>
but no more sex jokes from me will be typed.

fisherking

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 25 Apr 08 00:27
Be careful to never neglect your apos or you may suffer from apostrophy. Great advice, Jalapenoman! You've managed to sound pretentious and condescending in a single post! Circa, circa, circa!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum