This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Good Things To Do #749

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Simon Cockle
This user is offline Writer
Simon Cockle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 13:04
There's a plan to make some cinemas smoke-free; that is, not to show films that have scenes with smoking in to young people. A daft idea, yes, but it's a gift to those people who post on the 'Have Your Say' forum on bbc.co.uk/news.

It's fun to read the 'nanny-state...pleasure-police...fascists' comments from the Daily-Mail types. So, I thought it would be fun to post some more explicit comments along the lines of 'if they ban dog-fighting, I'm leaving the country'...will my post get authorised? If you want to have a go, here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/default.stm

Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 13:57
If they continue to allow people like you to post on this site, then I'm leaving!

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
Simon Cockle
Simon Cockle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 18:35

Quote: Jalapenoman

If they continue to allow people like you to post on this site, then I'm leaving!

How so?

IN SEINE
This user is offline French Tickler
IN SEINE

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 18:45 - Edited By: IN SEINE, 16 Mar 08 18:47

Quote: Simon Cockle

Quote: Jalapenoman

How so?

Hey Mr Cockle chill out; THIS IS SPOOFLAND!

Go on J'Man sling yer hook

~IS~

"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes!"
Fergus McCarthy
This user is offline Devil's Avocado
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 16 Mar 08 19:22

There's a plan to make some cinemas smoke-free; that is, not to show films that have scenes with smoking in to young people. A daft idea, yes, but it's a gift to those people who post on the 'Have Your Say' forum on bbc.co.uk/news.

It's fun to read the 'nanny-state...pleasure-police...fascists' comments from the Daily-Mail types. So, I thought it would be fun to post some more explicit comments along the lines of 'if they ban dog-fighting, I'm leaving the country'...will my post get authorised? If you want to have a go, here's the link:

I'll have a go Simon. Not right now, a few hours time.

Fergus

You want me as a moderator!
You need me as a moderator!!!
Duncan Whitehead
This user is offline The Innuendo Kid
Duncan Whitehead

Forum Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 19:56
I went with:

Any movies showing smoking ruins or explosions involving smoke should be banned in my opinion. Bonfires, dirty exhausts etc. Smoke kills. Period.

I also did the fav Carry On film,

I did Carry On On The Buses and Cary On The Last of The Summer Wine.It's not likely either will go live.

Simon Cockle
Simon Cockle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 20:17
No, mine didn't get published either. The BBC just can't take a joke, tho some of the legitimate replies are funny enough. Perhaps we should sign all our comments as The Spoof?

I'm wondering what headline would provoke the most angry responses on the bbc forum...

Goverment to allow illegal immigrants to dictate how council tax is spent on adverts to limit speed to 20 miles an hour for motorists who drink more than 7 units a week

Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 16 Mar 08 22:33

Simon, my post was simply a take on your line that I highlighted.

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum