This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / A board game for spoofers, or is it?

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
KvaleGames
This user is offline Forum User

Forum Profile
 Email
Posted: 11 Sep 07 17:57
I'm fairly new to the Spoof family (can we call it that?).

For years, my friends and I have satirized corporate marketing collateral, magazine articles, advertisements, photographs, news sound bites, and anything else we could attempt to inject humor.

It dawned on me one day (literally at dawn) that I would have a darned good time playing a board game that allowed me to write some witty comments on a regular basis. Forget winning or losing, I wanted the creative expression.

A year later, the board game Head1Liners was completed. It's a "fake news" headline game advertised on this web site's google space.

Without making this into a pitch, I instead am seeking business guidance of folks who appreciate spoofs and satires.

I am not a good "consumer", stubbornly claiming that I am rarely influenced by outside parties (my wife excluded). This leaves me with the puzzle of figuring out how to reach fellow spoofers, most importantly, for a dime or two.

I've had the sense to create a free sample version of Head1Liners at our web site. While at a snail's pace compared to regular board game play, this online version is building a community of reportedly "addicted" fans, playing one round a month. Build it, and Kevin Costner may come.

So, lay it on me -- I welcome your opinion on the game, our web design, and anything else. Then, I will promptly ignore all the comments that disagree with my own thoughts!

Tony
http://www.KvaleGames.com

queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 11 Sep 07 21:16
Good luck Tony.

But don't give up the day job!

Unless of course you get Paris Hilton or Britney to endorse your product.

qm

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
Noshing Mink
This user is offline Writer
Noshing Mink

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Sep 07 10:10

Quote: KvaleGames

I'm fairly new to the Spoof family (can we call it that?).

For years, my friends and I have satirized corporate marketing collateral, magazine articles, advertisements, photographs, news sound bites, and anything else we could attempt to inject humor.

It dawned on me one day (literally at dawn) that I would have a darned good time playing a board game that allowed me to write some witty comments on a regular basis. Forget winning or losing, I wanted the creative expression.

A year later, the board game Head1Liners was completed. It's a "fake news" headline game advertised on this web site's google space.

Without making this into a pitch, I instead am seeking business guidance of folks who appreciate spoofs and satires.

I am not a good "consumer", stubbornly claiming that I am rarely influenced by outside parties (my wife excluded). This leaves me with the puzzle of figuring out how to reach fellow spoofers, most importantly, for a dime or two.

I've had the sense to create a free sample version of Head1Liners at our web site. While at a snail's pace compared to regular board game play, this online version is building a community of reportedly "addicted" fans, playing one round a month. Build it, and Kevin Costner may come.

So, lay it on me -- I welcome your opinion on the game, our web design, and anything else. Then, I will promptly ignore all the comments that disagree with my own thoughts!

Tony
http://www.KvaleGames.com

I almost got to the end of reading this. I'll try again tomorrow.

The Baron of Bollocks
carina-eta
This user is offline Ice Queen of the North
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Sep 07 10:55
Liked the idea, had it been a picture of 2 UK politicians the headlines would've flowed but a country lady in a straw hat handing out tickets? We all know about Cal's sister and her dating habits so there's just nothing to add there. Plus I found the inoffensive nature of the web page contradictory to actual good ol' offensive Spoofing.
Good luck tho.

Someone tried to make my life not worth living and NOW they're trying to kill me!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum