This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / pc,or,mac

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
ruddiger121
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 8 Aug 07 19:57
pc or apple mac which one do you prefer

Q: pc,or,mac
pc
23%
mac
69%
neither
7%
There have been 13 responses to this poll
Cal Jennings
This user is offline Super Cal
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 9 Aug 07 00:10
Of course, I've never had the money to own a Mac. I might prefer one of them if I did. lol I hear they are better for graphics and movies.

Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Be With You,

Cal-el

Never underestimate the power of The Spoof!
Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 9 Aug 07 01:35
Never much cared for MacIntosh. I've always been partial to Jonathons or Granny Smiths.

What kind of apple is a PC?

Actually, I've never once used any Apple computer product in my life.

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
Gnarly Erik
This user is offline Gnarly Dude
Gnarly Erik

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 9 Aug 07 07:59

Quote: Cal Jennings

Of course, I've never had the money to own a Mac. I might prefer one of them if I did. lol I hear they are better for graphics and movies.

Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Be With You,

Cal-el
Apple-Macs actually seem to work out CHEAPER than PC's as they are pretty much 'plug 'n play'right out of the box - and already come with all the add-ons you have to buy extra or download for PC's.

But what sold me is that out of ten Macs in our office (some as old as 8 years or more) we've NEVER ONCE had an outside service tech in for over eight years now. When we ran PC's we had 'em in at least once a week to keep everything going - and they still kept breaking down, especially on networking. We liked the Macs so much we literally GAVE AWAY all the PC's (to school kids, bless 'em).

Latest generation Macs will run everything PC's will plus a great deal more - especially on graphics and movies. They're much faster and less glitchy too. (No, I don't own Apple stock - but I damned sure do wish I'd bought a bunch at $6.50 in 2000. It closed at $134.01 today [8/8/07], and has split once since 2000. Ah, well . . .)

Gnarly & Opinionated
Cal Jennings
This user is offline Super Cal
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 9 Aug 07 19:12
Thanks for the info. I wanted to buy some Apple stock when it was $5 a share in the 70s, but I couldn't convince my mom to let me do it. I'll bet she's sorry now.

If I ever find a way to get paid for anything I do, I think I'll get a Mac. I love working with pictures and videos and the lack of problems sounds very nice. Luckilly, for now, I already know how to build my own PCs. I used to have a business building them before my back injury.

Love, Hope, & Peace,

Cal-el

Never underestimate the power of The Spoof!
Buck E Filbert
Buck E Filbert

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 15 Aug 07 04:35 - Edited By: Buck E Filbert, 15 Aug 07 04:41
I know people love thier platforms and I'll prove it, Mac hamds down second to none, head and shoulders above the rest, love em!!!!! See.

I will admit though, at times I'd like to drop kick it off the end of the Santa Monica Pier.

BEF
vagina

spoofing is futile
G Keith Burgin
This user is offline Deleted
G Keith Burgin

Forum Profile
 Email
 Website
Posted: 15 Aug 07 17:53 - Edited By: G Keith Burgin, 15 Aug 07 17:54
I switched to Mac a few years ago, and would never go back. I use my computers as a tool. I don't have the time or patience to repair that tool constantly, or worry that something is going to disable that tool through ordinary use.

I'll confirm for you, as Gnarly Erik said, that when I did desktop tech support for a number of companies there were constant problems. Eventually, I stopped doing that business because it became too frustrating.

Michael Ducky

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Aug 07 03:33
Is it really that differnt or is the price just a kind of social filter for people who shouldn't own a computer in the first place?

there are several factors that usually make this an Apples and Lemons comparison

what aspects make 'PC' more unreliable

1. PEBKAC - problem exists between keyboard and chair. I recall many times taking cases off to retrieve CD's that doctors would mistakenly shove into the gap between the drive and the case. One was an X-rated DVD. Amatuer programmers and hacker wanna-be's

2. Vendors - shoddy install and backup practices/competing strategies and unscrupulously selling incompatible technology.

3. Cheap hardware - Power supply failures , fans playing whack a mole

4. Monolithic software

5. Generational compatability

6. Changes in Security models

7. The internet.

Mark
This user is offline Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Aug 07 10:05
I love my mac. It really keeps the rain off.

As for my PC, well, I've not seen one round here for a while.

I like apples, but whenever I buy them, they always end up going uneaten.

Spoofing all over the world
Gnarly Erik
This user is offline Gnarly Dude
Gnarly Erik

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Aug 07 17:54
You can get a high-speed, high capacity, late model or near-new G5 iMac with all the bells and whistles and latest software for around $500 - $600 from Ebay or Craig's List. Plug 'n play, no extras to buy, preloaded with drivers for nearly anything.

These are glitch free, kick-ass machines with bullet proof operating systems at least two years ahead of 'Vista'.

Gnarly & Opinionated
SpaceElevator
This user is offline Higher and Higher
SpaceElevator

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 18 Aug 07 02:36
For a computer rube like me, Mac is a great choice. Strangely, when I go to the local Apple store's "genius bar" they seem to assume that everybody understands computers inside and out. My two brothers are PC gurus, but not me.

After spending many years away from Mac's, I decided to save myself the hassle of trying to be the IT man of the house. So my wife and I invested in a decent Mac desktop. I find myself forced to do much less trouble-shooting (almost zero).

Spoofin' ain't easy... & SPAM™ is a portmanteau of "Spiced Ham" (reproduction or other use of this broadcast without the express written consent of Major League Baseball is prohibited)
Warren Redlich
Warren Redlich

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 19 Aug 07 02:56
Back in the 80s I started with Macs. Then I grew up and switched to PCs. Fortunately, I'm now really grown up and own my own business. I can afford to buy Macs and swear by them. They just work better. In so many ways. We have PCs and Macs in my office - some of my employees prefer PCs, and they are useful for certain websites that just don't work on Macs (the NY DMV database, for example, which we use on a daily basis to see how horrible our clients' driving records are - and we have seen some bad ones).

On my office desk I have a 20" iMac (Intel) with a 2nd 20" monitor. It's just so cool, and really wasn't that expensive (I usually buy refurbished). Our eMac at home seems slow these days, so we may get a new iMac at home as well.

The extra screen is quite useful, by the way. I actually use it quite a bit. I use the second screen to research whatever I'm writing on the first screen. And yes, I really do research some of my Spoof stories while writing them.

Warren Redlich
The Redlich Law Firm
Keeping Drunks on the Road Since 2003

Whiz-bang web entrepreneur, outstanding attorney, and really lame comedy writer.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum