This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Extreme Ironing

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Mark
This user is offline Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 8 Jun 07 17:10
I was having a discussion with my colleague about a small box we have that holds all the little bits and pieces for a demo we give. It's quite a well travelled box, it's been to Sweden, Germany, Greece, Switzerland and a few places in the UK. Now it's about to make another journey to Puerto Rico.

God knows where it came from, it was a Motorola phone box, but it's got a stack of old postage labels attached to it.

I said we should have taken pictures of it at each location. Then, he told me about this website - Extreme Ironing. I'd never heard of it, and he's a Greek guy, so at first I thought he said Extreme Irony and I wasn't too impressed.

Then he explained, "no, Ironing" (I still heard Irony), but then he used the international sign-language for "Ironing" and all was explained.

I'll never look at my iron in the same way again!

Extreme Ironing

Check out the galleries.

Spoofing all over the world
ChillerBaggins
This user is offline Writer
ChillerBaggins

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 9 Jun 07 20:22

I don't believe it... Words fail me.

"He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy."
carina-eta
This user is offline Ice Queen of the North
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 21:23
You want extreme ironing, Mark??? Extreme ironng! Try a big family including several who like FRILLS and discard their clothes like fallen leaves, make it their mission to crease clothes just hung in a wardrobe and always need that particular top in 2 hours, washed and ironed. This is a tale every woman will be familiar with sooner or later in life, a word of advice once you are married, do not mention "extreme ironing" to your spouse in any context, unless you are happy to visit the burns unit on a regular basis.
(Get your cheap frills elsewhere.)

Someone tried to make my life not worth living and NOW they're trying to kill me!
Cal Jennings
This user is offline Super Cal
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Jun 07 09:28
Extreme Ironing... Is that what they did when they burned an iron hole in my Armani suit?

Never underestimate the power of The Spoof!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum