This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / McDonalds Ad

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
AuthorMessage
Mark
This user is offline Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 8 Jun 07 16:25
I saw an ad for McDonalds advertising some Deli sandwiches. Looks like they're trying to compete with Subway.

Anyway - the gist of the ad was get a cheap lunch when you're working. There was some ill looking sandwich with gravy covered meatballs and a slab of cheese. The price was £1.99.

So, the point was it's a cheap bite for a working lunch.

The problem I have with that admission is that you can only get it for that price on a Friday or a Sunday. Now, except for McDonald's staff, not that many people work on a Sunday, and many people (especially over the summer) take a half-day on a Friday - thus missing lunch altogether.

What a bunch of arse!

Spoofing all over the world
Gnarly Erik
This user is offline Gnarly Dude
Gnarly Erik

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 8 Jun 07 16:51

Quote: Mark Lowton

I saw an ad for McDonalds advertising some Deli sandwiches. Looks like they're trying to compete with Subway.

Anyway - the gist of the ad was get a cheap lunch when you're working. There was some ill looking sandwich with gravy covered meatballs and a slab of cheese. The price was £1.99.

So, the point was it's a cheap bite for a working lunch.

The problem I have with that admission is that you can only get it for that price on a Friday or a Sunday. Now, except for McDonald's staff, not that many people work on a Sunday, and many people (especially over the summer) take a half-day on a Friday - thus missing lunch altogether.

What a bunch of arse!
Take consolation in the fact that sort of barf is terrible for your health anyway. A diet of it guarantees clogged arteries, weight gain (the really bad kind) and eventual heart problems. (It's right there in McDonalds' fine print) Better you should drop by the market (open all week) for fresh fruit at half the cost, four times the taste and ten times the benefit.

Keeps you 'regular' too!

Gnarly

Gnarly & Opinionated
The Wakering Witterer
This user is offline Forum User

Forum Profile
Posted: 8 Jun 07 16:59
Odious bile. When will they ever learn.

www.mcspotlight.org/

Jean Le Fete
This user is offline Deanalope
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 11 Jun 07 20:38
McDonalds is famous for making Pseudo foods. Remember "McRib", which is basically pork stamped into the shape of ribs and soaked in toxic barbecue sauce. Depending on how well it sells, the McRib you get may have been in there for days!!!

It's not that I can't help these people it's just, I don't want to. - Tom Hanks - Volunteers
Buck E Filbert
This user is offline Writer
Buck E Filbert

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 11 Jun 07 23:20
You've uncovered their devious plot. Slay the monster!

BEF
vagina

spoofing is futile
Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 02:13
ARRRRRR! ATTACK!!!

It's not that I can't help these people it's just, I don't want to. - Tom Hanks - Volunteers
Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 02:45
Yikes! Ronald McDonald bleeds chocolate milkshake!

carina-eta
This user is offline Ice Queen of the North
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 12:16
this post; Im lovin' it

Someone tried to make my life not worth living and NOW they're trying to kill me!
Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 12:46
I did about a six month sentence working at a mCdOnalds, before I threw up on the manajar and quit. (Not quite so dramatic, but the story has gotten stretched over the years.) They deserve every bit of abuse they receive!

Cal Jennings
This user is offline Super Cal
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 12 Jun 07 20:27 - Edited By: Cal Jennings, 12 Jun 07 20:28
Bring Back Farrells! Farrells is Fabulous Fun for Everyone!

Too bad they got busted on selling kids information to the draft board when they signed up for a free ice cream cone. Wasn't it worth the price?

Never underestimate the power of The Spoof!
carina-eta
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 20:35
When my kid was younger she wanted to collect some McDonalds toys, you were only allowed 1 toy per burger and there were 12 (such a blatant commercial ploy) ( she needed 8 to complete the collection of Beanies), so I took her to every MacD in town and we bought 1 burger and 1 toy, I told her that she could eat as many burgers as she wanted, she ate one and I ate one,then she forced down a second one and half of a third one, we really enjoyed throwing the rest in the bin on the way out the door in front of everyone, it was sooo liberating and she learned that just because you paid for something you dont have to either eat it or enjoy it. For me it was win-win, she remembers my dilligence in helping her collect every beanie and has hated the taste of MaccyD's with a passion since. She never dared trying to take up smoking. Parenting can be such fun.

Someone tried to make my life not worth living and NOW they're trying to kill me!
Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 21:15
Excellent Job!

Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 22:17
My youngest is 14. We are past the happy meal stage and no longer have to eat at the Golden Arches. Thank God that children grow up and outgrow Mickey D's!

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
carina-eta
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 23:18
if u let one of the milkshakes melt u get 5ml of sticky mulch and the rest was just foam or possibly spittle or bubblewrap or something.
Anyway, I ask this; if the food is so damned good in there why do they have to
a/ market it so heavily
b/ give away a free toy with every meal.
c/ spend millions defending their food in court.

Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jun 07 23:25 - Edited By: Jean Le Fete, 12 Jun 07 23:26
The trick for them is they make about 200%profit on their french fries (The Fries the French want no credit for) They have pretty huge profit margins on everything actually because its crap, but the french fries, lord they go through alot of frozen spuds in a day. INstead of the golden arches it they should have the Clogged Arteries for a logo. I'm sure someone here could come up with the artwork.

Jalapenoman
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 13 Jun 07 08:07
No, they do not go through a lot of potatoes for their fries, they go through a lot of grease.

A small bag of fries weighs 7 ounces before it is cooked (these are the frozen potatoes that contain water and are covered with ice crystals). After you cook them, and cook out the water, they weigh ten ounces.

So...how many ounces of potato and how many ounces of grease do you get?

Also, McDonalds covers their fries before freezing with a light coat of sugar. This helps the fries turn a golden brown in the cooking process.

They do use a lot less salt than they used to. This is not for health, it is for economics. It used to be that, when you got a drink at McDonalds, there were no free refills. Therefore, the fries were over-salted to make you buy bigger drinks or second drinks (because you would drink more). Now that drink stations allow people to get free refills, the drinks are more expensive and the fries have less salt.

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
carina-eta
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Jun 07 08:59
I wonder if, in years to come, like smoking, grown-up fat kids will look back in anger at MacDonalds "healthy options" meals and try to sue en masse.

Cal Jennings
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Jun 07 09:24
New Bumper Sticker? I GOT MY CLOGGED ARTERIES AT McDONALDS!

Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Jun 07 09:36
How many skinny McDonald's managers have you ever seen? I think they have a 300 pound minimum requirement. Makes it crowded in the kitchen, GET OUT OF MY WAY!

Cal Jennings
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Jun 07 11:59
Are you RIBBING us?

carina-eta
carina-eta

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 15 Jun 07 23:09
Currently,MacDonalds in the UK are promoting a limited edition "Mexican" Meal consisting of spicy potato wedges, a fajita and a quarter pounder with Salsa, Im just wondering what an ACTUAL Mexican would make of it and whether they do these promotions in America too, or do they do limited edition fillet-o-fish with english chips type stuff instead??

Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 07 03:23
I don't think the Mexicans would know whether to laugh or puke. I haven't seen anything special here, but I'm in the Midwest was blandness and buffets are king. Not me though my wife is from Thailand, so we eat quite a bit spicier than most. Perhaps down in Texas?

Jalapenoman
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 16 Jun 07 04:08
They are not promoting this down here, but I'm only about 25 miles from Mexico (maybe that's too far away).

I do remember when Taco Bell was doing their "Make a run for the border ads." I was sitting at a Taco Bell near the border in El Paso. Looking out the window, we could see all the illegals crossing the Rio Grande in front of us. They truly were making a run for the border!

Actually, you can get good Mexican food within 200 miles of Mexico. Any farther away than that, and it is not authentic and the quality goes to hell (with the exception of only one or two places I've ever seen). Being from the border, every time I travel, people want to take me to their local Mexican restaurant so that I can sample their "authentic" cuisine. I've had posole that was chicken soup with lettuce floating in it (not anywhere close to the real thing)(Texas Panhandle). I've seen a chili relleno (really a stuffed anaheim or poblano pepper covered with a batter and fried) that was a hamburger meat stuffed bell pepper covered with nacho cheese sauce (North Carolina). I've also eaten tamales that were hamburger meat stuffed into a twinkie like sponge cake and covered with lemon juice (Utah).

By the way, Mexicans do not eat nachos, chimichangas, enchiritos, or a lot of the other American fast food Mexican creations. They do like to eat Menudo on Sundays (a soup made out of beef tripe, which is the stomach lining). They also enjoy cabrito (barbequed goat, which is kind of greasy tasting and not very good) and barbacoa (the pit barbequed head of a cow). When eating barbacoa, go for the jaw meat; it is the most delicious and tender roast beef you can ever eat. To get real tamales, you boil a pig's head until everything has fallen off of the bones and falls apart and use this for the meat filling. Tamales are very labor intensive and are generally a holiday item, most often associated with New Year's. The worst Mexican dish, however, is Mole. This is chicken cooked in a bitter chocolate sauce that is almost inedible and I will never eat again. (By the way, I'll eat all of the other foods listed, just not the Mole. Also, it's pronounced mo lay).

Yes, by the way, I can and have made my own tortillas at home.

Cal Jennings
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 16 Jun 07 10:34
There's a little place in Magnolia, right outside of Houston, TX that has excellent authentic Mexican food (is that some kinda' oxymoron?). You can find a few inside Houston, but there are so many Mexican "fast food" places there that it's driven out some of the really good ones. In Ripley, WV, they don't know what a Mexican is... lol There is one restraunt in the town next to us, evidently run by illegal aliens (the only I've seen in these here parts), but their food is like dog food. Maybe it would be comparable to something you'd get in a very small, poor city in Mexico... part cat meat and part roadkill or something of that nature.

Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Be With Us All,

Cal-el & Swissy

Cal Jennings
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 16 Jun 07 10:36
Hey Spicy Hombre Dood! Do you make flour tortillas or corn? I've made flour, but haven't attempted the corn. I have one a' them corn squishers back in Texus, but I ain't never used it.

Cal Out

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum