This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / The essence of all the religions is one and the same

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
dattaswami
This user is offline Banned

Forum Profile
Posted: 3 Jun 07 13:58
The essence of all the religions is one and the same

The essence of all the religions is one and the same since the Universal God gives it. The religions are different from each other because the religious leaders who are the human beings create the material that surrounds the essence. The skeleton is one and the same and there is no difference in the skeletons of the human beings. The difference lies only in the external materials covering the skeletons, which are flesh, skin etc., in these external materials differences arose due to deficiencies. Suppose there are two students. One is weak in physics and the other is weak in chemistry.

Each student mocks the other for the deficiency. Therefore, the deficiency is the root of difference and quarrels in the religions. The reason for the deficiency is the human brain that developed the external body of the spiritual knowledge. Therefore, the spiritual knowledge is the skeleton and the religion is its body. The deficiency in a religion can be removed by taking the merits of the other religions. Every religion has deficiency and the rectification of that deficiency should be from other religion without any ego and jealousy. Do not think that you are without defects. Do not think that your parents have no defects. Do not think that your teachers and preachers do not have defects. Therefore, observe others and take the merits from anybody without prejudice.

The blind thinking that your nation, your state, your district, your town or village, your caste, your family, your parents, etc., is the best or highest should be eradicated from your brain. Always base your self on your analysis and commonsense that is observed from the examples in the world. Your elders might have polluted the scriptures but this world is the best scripture written by God. This world-scripture is Universal without any color of any religion. You can develop the entire spiritual knowledge by observing this world and the scientific knowledge existing in the various examples or items of the world. Any human being cannot pollute these. You must be scientific and analytical in your belief. The ignorant and clever religious elders always exploit blind belief.

queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 3 Jun 07 15:54
Patriarchy = male neurosis

All religions are the same old patriarchal hogwash flogging a non existent supernatural afterlife and fleecing the brainwashed masses.

By far the oldest profession.

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
Gnarly Erik
This user is offline Gnarly Dude
Gnarly Erik

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 3 Jun 07 17:26
"Religions are the mental opiates by which cynical, smarter people control and direct the easily mystified, and 'Fear' are religions' largest constituents."

God's 'love' my ass!

Gnarly

Gnarly & Opinionated
Fergus McCarthy
This user is offline Devil's Avocado
Fergus McCarthy

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 3 Jun 07 19:46 - Edited By: Fergus McCarthy, 3 Jun 07 19:47
God's 'love' my ass!

Gnarly

I think you may be on the wrong thread here Gnarly,

Ruddiger121 is dealing with that kind of thing at the moment.

By the way. Everyone loves my ass!

Ferg

You want me as a moderator!
You need me as a moderator!!!
Cal Jennings
This user is offline Super Cal
Cal Jennings

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 3 Jun 07 22:15
If you consider the major religions, look deep enough, and apply a little science, there could be some validity. Buddhism, for instance, believes in Chi or Ki which is something like an electrical life force that flows through all things, even rocks. Other major religions believe in a single God which created all things. Science believe that atoms have positive and negative charges. If God is an energy, then you could say that God is in all things at an atomic level.

Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Be With You,

Cal-el

Never underestimate the power of The Spoof!
Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 4 Jun 07 01:21
The essence of inner religious belief is each man's (and woman's) attempt to answer the four basic questions:

Who am I?
Where did I come from?
Why am I here?
Where am I going when this life ends?

We all find these answers in different ways and forms. Some of those are called churchs. Some are philosophies.

Unfortunately, disagreement over the answers to these questions has caused untold millions of lives and great destruction and inhumanity to our fellow beings. WIcked and greedy individuals have often controlled churches and brought misery upon others in the name of crusade, inquisition, and cleansing.

It is not generally the great evangelist who is the religious man and spiritual giant, but the humble parish priest or the Mother Teresa. It is the servant of his brother, his neighbor, and the stranger who is the servant of God.

Is there a God? Does he/she/it know or care about my existence? Is that being we call God reached through any of the world's great philosophies or religions? Is there a true path that I should follow to be closer to him?

We all have our own opinions and answers to these questions.

I do believe in a supreme being, that he cares about us as his children, and that there is a path to spiritual enlightenment, happiness, joy, and well being both in this life and the world to come.

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
Gnarly Erik
This user is offline Gnarly Dude
Gnarly Erik

Forum Profile
 Website
Posted: 4 Jun 07 04:26
Oh yes! Here we go again . . .

If religionists could ever restrain themselves from 'proselytizing' and polluting the world with their 'beliefs' (whatever they may be and who the hell else ever gives a damn?), our world would be a far better, saner, far more peaceful, happier and kinder place. It would for damned sure certainly be a far quieter place.

Read my lips: So, won't you people please just shut up about it? NO ONE ELSE CARES WHAT YOU BELIEVE!

Would all you relgious mystics please keep your insecurities, fears and myths to yourselves and not keep trying to inflict them on the rest of us? I'm asking nicely now; Pretty please with sugar on top?

Gnarly

Gnarly & Opinionated
Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 5 Jun 07 02:04
The title of the thread dealt with the essence of religion. I shared what I felt, and still feel, the true essence of religion is.

I do not feel that this was, in any way, proselyting. It was simply answering the original thought.

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
Jean Le Fete
This user is offline Deanalope
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 5 Jun 07 04:39
But NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! Our main weapors are fear, surprise, and...and...nevermind get the rack!!!

It's not that I can't help these people it's just, I don't want to. - Tom Hanks - Volunteers
dattaswami
This user is offline Banned

Forum Profile
Posted: 8 Jun 07 03:59

Quote: Cal Jennings

If you consider the major religions, look deep enough, and apply a little science, there could be some validity. Buddhism, for instance, believes in Chi or Ki which is something like an electrical life force that flows through all things, even rocks. Other major religions believe in a single God which created all things. Science believe that atoms have positive and negative charges. If God is an energy, then you could say that God is in all things at an atomic level.

Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Be With You,

Cal-el

If anyone says that his/her religion is the only path to God and that other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question. The question is for every religion without any trace of partiality. The simple question is: Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own fault. This is very much reasonable. But before your ancestors discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for no fault of him. But your ancestor reached God through your religion at that time.

Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul. Thus my ancestor suffered forever for no fault of him and the responsibility for this falls on the partiality of God. Had the God been impartial, He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time. Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your ancestor. Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.

The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time in various forms and preached your path in various languages. The same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not exist everywhere. The syllabus and explanation are one and the same, though the media and teachers are different. Can you give any alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this? Certainly not! Any person of any religion to any other religion can pose this question.

Moreover every religion states that their God only created this world. Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot create the same world. There are no many worlds to justify that each God created His own world. Therefore any human being with an iota of commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who created this one world and He came in different forms to different countries and preached the same path in all the languages simultaneously at one time.

Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the Universal Peace. I need not beg all these religious followers to be united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace. Such begging appeals are made enough in the past. The religious fans feel that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals. Thus a temporary change was only brought. At the maximum one generation of the followers got united. The next generation fights with each other because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of the real unity in their religious scriptures.

A permanent solution for this does not lie in the begging appeals, which may or may not unite the followers. Even if the appeals unite such unity is not permanent. If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be united for generations together. Therefore, My attack is not on the hearts of the followers through love and kindness. My attack is on all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of divine knowledge. The unity of hearts through love can be only temporary. The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine knowledge will be permanent. Hearts agree but brains realize. Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent. Thus this is My first blow of My divine Conch shell for the permanent unity of all the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum